Maryland Continuing Education COURSE
DL/Hot Topics in Real Estate
Flood zones, property inspections, and consumer privacy and data security represent three distinct yet urgent topics in real estate. Hot Topics in Real Estate takes a closer look at each of these with an emphasis on supporting clients and customers. From flood zone disclosure obligations and insurance requirements to inspection contingencies and third-party referrals to federal data security laws and breach notification policies … a lot can go wrong. The real estate professional’s job is to act within the scope of his or her responsibility to make sure everything goes right.
This three-hour course provides consumer protection by helping licensees understand how to lawfully and competently navigate the high-risk areas of flood zone transactions, home inspections and data security and consumer privacy.
Course highlights include:
- FEMA flood terminology and flood hazard mapping
- Flood insurance requirements and homeowner obligations
- The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) and its current status
- Environmental hazards associated with flooding
- Home inspection and testing contingencies
- The home inspection process, and who does what, when, and why
- Different inspection types, including septic system, sewer line, and well inspections
- Federal laws that address data security and consumer privacy
- Risks related to data breaches, fraud, and identity theft
- Interactive activities and scenarios to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context