Maryland Continuing Education COURSE
(Legislative (A)) DL/Maryland Legal Update
As a real estate professional, the state of the industry directly affects the state of your income. Staying up to date on all the local laws that affect you, directly and indirectly, impacts your career. Knowing how to discuss new legislation, speaking plainly with hesitant consumers, and really grasping how local laws affect the industry as a whole can change how you think, act, and speak about real estate.
This course covers new legislation in Maryland relating to the real estate industry, including various law additions and amendments.
Maryland Legal Update is designed to bring real estate professionals current in terms of the legislative environment of Maryland real estate.
Course highlights include:
- A review of the Maryland Real Estate Commission’s mission, powers, and duties
- Summary of state legislation enacted in 2017 and 2018 that affect the real estate industry
- Plain-language explanations of how legislative updates apply to you
- Property taxes, income tax credits, perpetual conservation easements, and other taxes
- State-wide smoke alarm requirements, lead risk in housing, and lead-based pain disclosures
- Condominium and HOAs, business succession, and discriminatory covenants
- Assessments, lease option agreements, foreclosures, and landlord and tenant law
- Activities and examples to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context